sat nav safety cameras

Newuser2 18:36 22 Sep 2008

Just curious is TOM TOM's safety camera data base as accurate or better or worse than gpspocketworlds.
I use gpspocketworlds at the moment but its a pain having to download etc the relivent files, I understand but maybe wrong that TOM TOM's is much easier process. Thanks as always

sinbads 19:44 22 Sep 2008

pocketgpsworld is by far more, up todate more comprehensive and cheaper, updating your speed camera data base is a simple process.

Newuser2 20:12 22 Sep 2008

From what I understand TT's is a one click and its done, but had heard that TT's was not as good, just checking

Newuser2 20:15 22 Sep 2008

Forgot to say TT are doing a big discount at the moment

Woolwell 21:58 22 Sep 2008

I get updates for my TT through TomTom Home which is effectively one click. But the speed camera updates are not very frequent. Having said that I have found that is accurate for the fixed camera locations.

woodchip 22:24 22 Sep 2008

While on about TT Cameras, I hope you do not mind me asking a Question. I have TT one Cracker. Payed for Camera Updates and get all of them but Mobile camera updates are no good as the do not show where to expect the mobile cameras are located. on the bottom of the GPS there is a socket but do not know what you plug into it. could this be for radar detection. or what does it link to????? sorry for all that

sinbads 22:31 22 Sep 2008

"But the speed camera updates are not very frequent"

This is the problem with TT speed cameras new cameras are installed others maybe removed.Pocketgpsworld offers maybe 1 or 2 updates a month, members that locate new speed cameras get free updates for life.... great way of keeping the data base updated.The only time i've used the TT speed cameras is when i first bought it, since been removed.

Think TT need to reduce their prices,lot of competition out there now click here
TMC included free.

sinbads 22:47 22 Sep 2008

Not sure what you mean?

Are you saying the fixed cameras are showing ok but the mobile cameras are not indicated on the map.?
Make sure you have enabled the poi's in the settings

The socket on the bottom is probably for an aerial to improve satelite signal

woodchip 22:52 22 Sep 2008

Yes thats right, they never have from new.

I also have a Acer pda that I loaded a old TT to and it shows both fixed and mobile

All poi's are ticked, but cameras are not in there now they changed the location in the software. they should be in the same as fixed cameras

sinbads 23:23 22 Sep 2008

umm odd its a long while since i used TT cameras the camera poi should be in the maps folder if you are using a SD card explore the gb maps folder to check that the gatso/ mobile/red light poi's are in there

woodchip 23:32 22 Sep 2008

I have just updated the GPS and done some camera settings while I was connected so will see how it goes. Thanks for trying to help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?