Sat Nav Bluetooth question

Graham. 19:57 06 Nov 2007

I have a Garmin nuvi 360 and a Sony Ericsson K810 phone. When the phone rings the nuvi crackles. Should it ring, as well as the phone?

I'm trying to find which one is faulty.

Graham. 23:07 06 Nov 2007

Bump

LABMAN 23:17 06 Nov 2007

Hi Graham,

I'm not an expert by any means so bear with me, I done a quick search and it shows that your Garmin apeears to be bluetooth enabled, so you should be able to use it for hands free calls.

You will have to look in your instruction manuals for both the phone and satnav to find out how to link them to other bluetooth devices, once linked you should then be able to use the Garmin as a hands free unit to make and recieve calls on your phone.

Graham. 23:21 06 Nov 2007

Thanks, I should have said, when I accept the call, the hands free works OK.

LABMAN 23:35 06 Nov 2007

Ah I see, well I'd hazard a guess and say not that the satnav won't ring, you may have noticed that radios etc can crackle just before a mobile or cordless call comes in, they are picking up the energy or signal before the call comes through.

Devices you can buy that flash to alert you to an incoming mobile call use that priciple to alert you prior to the phone ringing, it may be that your Garmin is reacting in a similar fashion Graham.

I'd double check the manual for the Garmin though just to make sure if it's meant to ring or not.

Graham. 17:39 07 Nov 2007

the nüvi and phone are not compatible. According to Garmin, manufacturers release new phones without checking them against other Bluetooth devices such as sat navs.

It is left to Garmin to bring out a software update when they get round to it.

To confirm, the sat nav should give the same ringtone as the phone, even one you've loaded yourself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?