saphire Radeon 9800 driver probs

chris05 19:01 07 Nov 2004

Hi having a bit of a headache with my new card its my first radeon so im a bit of a newbie to the double driver thing and the double device in device manger thing anyway to the point I have downloaded various updates from radeon and saphire but after installing the new updated driver (after unistalling the old one) and then rebooting I get an error and the command center will not work any ideas? the only driver that seems to work is the one that cant came with the card (6.14.10.6444) any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advanced Chris :-)

Barrie-281802 21:46 07 Nov 2004

I have a Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro card and have had no problems at all with drivers.
I have downloaded the latest drivers from click here
and they work fine as does the Catalyst control centre that comes with them. I assume you are talking about drivers for WIN XP?

chris05 20:36 08 Nov 2004

I am getting slack in me old age I have xp sp2,
The weired thing is I put a new mother board in my system yesterday and it is the same with that board as it was with my last the part at startup when the control center part is loading it hangs for a while as if trying to get going and then I get an error it is as if I have installed the wrong driver for my card or somthing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone