SANDISK CRUSER 2GB MINI WINDOWS 98SE DRIVER

lynnpin 09:49 11 Dec 2006

I have just bought a Sandisk Cruzer 2GB Mini Flash Drive on the understanding that it will work with Windows 98SE with the driver downloaded from Sandisk's site.

Well it doesn't work and Windows says there is no driver in the downloaded files. I'm totally stuck, not to mention a bit miffed since it has now totally lost it's point. Sandisk say Windows 98SE is no longer supported but surely they should still have the driver?

Does anyone know where I can get the driver from? I have already tried another driver download site and that one doesn't work either. H E L P !

Hawy 10:19 11 Dec 2006

Have you tried this one? click here

Stuartli 10:20 11 Dec 2006

See:

click here

especially the section regarding the Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack (which I've often mentioned).

lynnpin 12:41 11 Dec 2006

Thanks Hawy, but this is the first download page I used and it doesn't work. The second one that Sandisk told me to use was a different page but once downloaded it was exactly the same collection of files - so once again, it didn't work.

Thanks Stuartli, I will have a look and see if I can solve it on this site.

I don't know much about drivers but I just don't understand why it isn't in the Sandisk driver download. Surely the driver should still be in there?

Stuartli 12:46 11 Dec 2006

Very similar problem:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?