Samung tab 8.0 plays videos stored on internal storage, but DOES NOT play files on 64gb external

julius44 20:47 10 Dec 2013

Hello and good evening to you. I have the samsung note 8.0 4G tablet. I think the tablet is amazing but it has a drawback that i'm totally baffled about!!!

The tablet comes with 16gb inbuilt stroage. I am using the android app called wifi file transfer to transfer various videos to my tablets internal card storage and all the videos play flawlessly with no problem whatsoever, and i'm using mx video player, bare in mind the files are in different formats.

But when I copy the exact same files(either wirelessly or with the usb cable) I get the message cannot play files or it looks like they have been compressed but they wont play!!!! I'm totally baffled by this. But the same files are on my galasy s4 mobile fones 64gb external storage card and they ALL play!!!!

Ive tried different videos players from the play store, but still the same problem!!! But they play on the internal storage of my tablet!!

Can someone explain what the problem could be please?? I see know reason why i would need to convert the files if they ALL play on the internal storage.

julius44 21:11 11 Dec 2013

Hi there i've not gotten any responses to my tablet problem yet.

lotvic 21:38 11 Dec 2013

Perhaps you can make the following clearer so we understand exactly what the problem is:

"The tablet comes with 16gb inbuilt stroage. I am using the android app called wifi file transfer to transfer various videos to my tablets internal card storage and all the videos play flawlessly with no problem whatsoever, and i'm using mx video player, bare in mind the files are in different formats.

But when I copy the exact same files(either wirelessly or with the usb cable) I get the message cannot play files or it looks like they have been compressed but they wont play!!!! I'm totally baffled by this."

You seem to say that they all work, then you say they don't?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone