Samung R510

Shinda 09:26 06 Jan 2009

I have the samsung r510 running vista. My question is I can see lightscribe sofware on it so i went & got some lightscribe discs.Now when I have created the disc template and insert the disc laptop says no lightsribe drive found! Is this right? If so how much and from where can i get the right drive & is it easy to install.Thank you in advance.

howard64 14:39 07 Jan 2009

this is a fairly good laptop - lightscribe unless I have missed something major is a technique for printing on the reverse side of a cd or dvd which is lightscribe enabled by a printer with the correct fitting for a cd/dvd and the correct software.

Woolwell 15:48 07 Jan 2009

howard64 - For lightscribe you need a lightscribe discdrive see click here

Shinda I cannot work out from the specs whether your version of the R510 should have lightscribe or not. Is the software part of the Cyberlink suite? If so it may have been part of the package but not linked to a drive. It may not be easy to change the drive.

Woolwell 15:49 07 Jan 2009

2 Threads same question click here Please don't do this as it gets confusing.

iscanut 16:50 07 Jan 2009

The caddy should have the Lightscribe log on it, right hand side.

iscanut 16:51 07 Jan 2009

The lightscribe system does not involve a printer at all, the image is burnt onto the CD/DVD by the software. Are you sure you have put the disc the right way round.

Shinda 12:31 08 Jan 2009

Many thank for replying.Woolwell iI posted the same question under a different heading as i was not getting a reply, sorry for that. Also i have had a look at the lightscribe website and it points me to this click here I can not see the sensor on my drive. Looks like if i want to carry on with this I will have to buy an external drive. Many thanks to all who replied. Consider this subject closed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone