Samsung TFT's which model is best and/or newest ?

Speedee1 22:15 02 Nov 2007

I was thinking of getting the SM226BW until I came across this newer review of the SM-2232BW, but is it a newer and better model??
As far as I can tell from the reviews the 226BW has a 160/160 degree viewing angle and the 2232BW a 170/170 degree viewing angle, but it does say the 2232BW has only a DVI-D connector?

I found the review of the Samsung SM-2232BW 22in flat-panel monitor at click here

And Samsung SM226BW 22in flat-screen display reviews here :-

click here and here
click here

Regarding the 226, it said this on one review :-

"The review sample we used was an 'S panel' model. Readers should be aware that they are not now guaranteed by Samsung to receive the identical model, since Samsung uses three different OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to produce the Samsung SM226BW. Please ask Samsung for guidance when you purchase."

- what does this mean??

Comments appreciated. Thanks.

citadel 22:38 02 Nov 2007

earlier in the year there were some with a non s panel that had a inferior screen.

HCOOH 22:59 02 Nov 2007

I believe that a genuine Samsung manufactured panel has an "S" code in the serial number. I bought one from PC World earlier in the year at a good price ,looked for the "S" in the label and it is fine. Viewing angle is a bit limited for spectators but ok when sitting in front of it.

Speedee1 11:05 03 Nov 2007

Thanks for the info on that.

Does anyone know if the SM-2232BW is the replacement for the SM226BW ?

Is it a better model??

hastelloy 13:01 03 Nov 2007

click here and scroll down to the review by Colin Shek. I have no way of knowing how accurate this is but he seems to know what he's talking about!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?