Samsung Smart TV setup problems - Can't select UK

onthelimit1 08:44 19 Feb 2015
Answered

Just bought a Sammy UE48H6200 to watch the 6 Nations (I expect SWMBO will like it for Wimbledon too).

During setup, I don't seem to be able to change the country from the default France - the box with France has a tick by it, and I am unable to find a way to show the drop-down list of other places.

Anyone any experience of these TVs? (also have a problem with the channel list, but that's for another time).

Thanks

rdave13 16:32 19 Feb 2015

Just had a browse on the manual and there is a section for 'Using the Channel Settings'. Country (Area)

Broadcasting > Channel Settings > Country (Area) try now. "Select your Country so that the TV can correctly auto-tune the broadcasting channels. This depends on the country or region."
Don't know if that helps.

onthelimit1 17:29 19 Feb 2015

Thanks rdave. I've had to do a panic clearance of the lounge as a decorator has decided to pitch up tomorrow instead of next week, but will try that when I can hook it up again. Perhaps (based on your quote) that my channel problem stems from the wrong country.

To be continued....................

onthelimit1 08:27 25 Feb 2015

Having spoken to Samsung support (very helpful), looks as though this is a European model, that isn't totally compatible with the UK. Thought returning it in less than 14 days would be simple, but as it was bought (unknowingly) from an outlet in Italy, this is proving more difficult than I had expected!

onthelimit1 10:53 28 Feb 2015
Answer

The old tv was collected by UPS with no charge to me. Bought a new one from a UK outlet this time - arrived this morning - all set up correctly with freeview channels as they should be.

Moral - don't buy TVs from other European outlets!

john bunyan 10:58 28 Feb 2015

Thanks for the feedback. I wish all OP's did the same!!

john bunyan 11:00 28 Feb 2015

PS

Just in time for the 6 Nations this w/e - tomorrow's Ireland vs England should be interesting.

onthelimit1 16:11 28 Feb 2015

Exactly! On both counts!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017