Samsung SM930BF not living up to PC Advisor Spec

Richmond34 22:59 09 Mar 2006

I have just bought two Samsung SM930BF 19" monitors on the recommendation of PC Advisor. The picture quality is great, but all the reviews, and the Samsung Website product spec page, say that the screen has adjustable height AND can be rotated 90 degrees into portait format. This is clearly not the case with the two models I have been sent, which have a stand offering fixed height and landscape only. Have I been sent dodgy product or are the reviews and product descriptions misleading?
Thanks
Justin

SG Atlantis® 23:23 09 Mar 2006

click here

Does this help?

There's quite a few members with this monitor, hopefully someone can confirm it either way for you.

Fingees 09:45 10 Mar 2006

I can,t see anything about adjustments on the samsung page

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:31 10 Mar 2006

I've checked the site and with your model there is nothing about adjustments. Some models do have the 'magic' adjustments but yours clearly does not. The picture should be able to be rotated through 90 degrees by using the graphics card options. The options with the screen are clearly indicated. click here

G

Richmond34 10:42 10 Mar 2006

Thanks for all your replies. This is very strange. I bought the monitors having read the review in PC Advisor and seen it in the charts for best monitors at the back oc PC Advisor. I still have the page which clearly says the screen is height adjustable and rotates. After receiving the monitor and finding this to be untrue, I went onto what I thought was the Samsung website - where I believed I read the same thing - you you are all right in saying the samsung webste you point me to does not say this. Nevertheless, the PC Advisor info on this monitor was incorrect - any comment from them on this?

Belatucadrus 15:11 10 Mar 2006

Quote from page 13 May 2006 PCA

"In previous issues PC Advisor stated that the Samsung 930BF flat-panel is height-adjustable and has a pivot function. This was incorrect, and the Samsung features angle tilt only."

Richmond34 15:33 10 Mar 2006

Ah - thanks. That will explain it. Bummer that I did not properly check the Samsung website before buying. Lesson learned I guess - magazines make mistakes :-)
Thanks for all your replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?