Samsung rv510 possible ram issues .

jshjosh95 20:35 27 Jun 2014

Hi everyone !

I have a Samsung RV410/RV510/S3510/E3510 64bit system with 4GB of ram installed.

I purchased 8gb of ram (4gb x2 )but when i fitted it, my laptop wont boot. even if i put one of the 4gb sticks in with a 2gb stick or even put a 4gb stick in on its own my laptop wont boot.

all the ram sticks old and new ons run at 1600mhz.

i have an intel celeron dual core T3500 2.10ghz i have checked online with Crucials ram checker and it stats that my laptop will except 8gb of ram so i brought 8 gb of crucial ram.

any ideas why the new ram isnt working?

Thanks josh

Ex plorer 10:45 28 Jun 2014

Check the threads below.

See Googled searches

SparkyJack 13:05 28 Jun 2014

Yo u need to mention the operating system. Until Win 7/8 me/as imposed a 4 gig limit l believe-

alanrwood 13:48 28 Jun 2014

Hi SparkyJack

Yes but that would not stop it from booting. The 3.5GB restriction is for Windows 32 bit systems but the mOP is using the 64 bit version can use 8 GB without any problems.

I would guess that the RAM sockets might need cleaning, the sticks are not inserted correctly or the RAM is incompatible. Maybe your laptop needs to use identical RAM in each of its slots so it will not work anyway with just one stick or two different sticks.

I would give Crucial a call as they do guarantee compatibility.

Ex plorer 15:08 04 Jul 2014

One other thing I tried first with the on line checker.

I did it manually by inserting my computer make etc. in the boxes and it came up with a different type of ram.

See if you get a discrepancy.

I always found them to be very good on customer service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?