Samsung P28 Laptop - CD/DVD combi not working

shivers 22:19 24 Mar 2008

Hi all, wonder if any of you can help...

I have a problem with the above laptop, the CD Rom drive is not working. When I enter any disc into it (CD, Install Disc or DVD etc) the green light flashes a few times and by the sounds of it, it tries to read the discs but then stops trying anything at all.

I have tried loads of options and the main advice I can find from browsing etc is to reinstall the Drivers.

I eventually found the correct driver (I think) on a site after eventually finding out that the CD Rom model in this laptop is the Samsung MP0402H.

After installing the driver nothing has changed at all!

I also saw a previous thread on this site suggesting that I follow certain instructions to delete the 'upper and lower limits' (limits may be wrong but it was upper/lower something) and reboot the system. I followed all this to the letter and when I found the final programme I tried to delete them but I was not provided with such an option.

When I go into Device Manager for this item it says that it is working correctly. It will not allow me to update the driver from there as it says that I have the best suited driver installed.

When I go into my computer, the disc drive is not displayed.

When I try to use Real Player, I change to the CD mode and it says no CD device detected.

I'm sorry that I've posted such a long message but I thought it might make it a bit easier for you guys to try and help me out if you know all the info.

Thanks in advance (without trying to sound anywhere near as formal as that does). Hope you can help!?!?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?