Samsung nc10 screen blank after boot up

Ad-ron 11:50 14 Sep 2011

I recently replaced my NC10 screen after it got cracked, when i turn the laptop on the windows xp screen comes on and then it loads but then it goes into a blank screen with only the faint blue backlights and doesnt go anywhere from there. I can enter safe mode by tapping F8 but dont know what the problem is. I have tried removing battery etc but with no joy. Can anyone help, many thanks, Adrian

Ad-ron 12:59 14 Sep 2011

I have since given system a complete reboot and it now loading up same as before but i can now hear the 5 tone windows start up, the screen is still blank however so still no joy

onthelimit1 13:51 14 Sep 2011

It sounds as though the connector from mobo to LCD screen is not fitted correctly.

chub_tor 15:16 14 Sep 2011

The Windows splash screen is displayed using a generic vga driver. The screen goes blank as the video card drivers are loaded and then appears using the video card specific drivers. Your problem, most likely, is your video driver. On boot up press F8 to get to the menu screen. Select start in vga mode. You may be able to install/reinstall your video drivers now. You can try starting in safe mode but you may not be able to install drivers.

onthelimit1 16:20 14 Sep 2011

chub - yup, missed the bit about the logo appearing, so no problem with connection.

Ad-ron 17:24 14 Sep 2011

How do I reinstall video drivers once it's loaded up? Managed to get it start in VGA mode, thanks for your quick responses

chub_tor 21:06 14 Sep 2011

With the pc working in VGA mode go to the Samsung NC10 Support page and click on Downloads, work your way through any menus to put in your exact model number and download the appropriate graphics driver. Install (or Run) it then re-boot.

Ad-ron 22:51 14 Sep 2011

Thanks but it didn't work I downloaded new graphics intel driver and rebooted but does exactly the same and can only get windows main screen through safe/VGA mode.

robin_x 23:43 14 Sep 2011

Did you buy the right screen?

Seem to be 10.1 LED and 10.2 'Glossy' (backlight not mentioned)

Item 18 on amazon samung nc 10 screen says 'Not suitable for.....etc'

Compare all ID/Product labels on old and new. Check with System Information for Windows and see what display/screen ID is reported.

Google the ID for full screen specs.

Contact your screen supplier?

Above are just my thoughts. I am not certain.

robin_x 23:52 14 Sep 2011

Seem to be some backlight issues as well. Some BIOS stuff on page 2 of link.

Ad-ron 10:22 19 Sep 2011

Eactley same model screen so must be somehing different thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?