Samsung N130 problem

bruno 13:25 05 Jul 2010

My friend is house bound after a leg operation and cannot get to his Desktop PC, so he got this Samsung N130 notebook.
He wants to restore it to factory settings but has no back up /restore disc. He cannot create one as the machine has no CD drive. Is it possible to create the necessary disc on a memory stick? If it is, what capacity will he need?
From reading other posts I see that some laptops have the information stored on the hard drive. If this is the case, how can he access it? Which F button gets him in?
Any help welcome.

Sea Urchin 15:28 05 Jul 2010

On the Samsung N130 it should be F4 as booting to get into the recovery settings

tonyq 15:33 05 Jul 2010

bruno,
you may find information on the following site.

click here

chub_tor 15:38 05 Jul 2010

If your friend does not have the manual that came with the netbook he can download it from here click here either for Windows XP or 7 depending which version he has. Then go to the section 4 Trouble Shooting Page 109 onwards which describes how to use the Samsung Recovery Solution. No CD is necessary.

bruno 16:13 05 Jul 2010

Thanks for the replies. I will look into them and get back to you.

Dipso 16:37 05 Jul 2010

I factory restored my N140 yesterday. It was just a case of pressing F4 shortly after start-up as Sea Urchin says. Then you have a choice of whether to restore to factory or first image (which I did as I had it set up the way I wanted it), it was a very quick process.

bruno 07:36 06 Jul 2010

Thank you all for your help. He has done it now and it worked fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?