Samsung Monitor to Kitchen TV

charles60 01:20 16 Dec 2010

I Know I might get nowhere with this but you never know. When I first got my computer it did not have a monitor so i went out and brought one the model that i brought was the Samsung SyncMaster 2032 which i have been very happy with . Well next year I am going to build a super computer with 3d etc Now here comes the pie in the sky bit when. I am going to replace the screen that I have now with a bigger screen and 3d capable. (If I just take a quick step back here) when i brought the Samsung I could have one with a built in tunner but i chose not to ( IDIOT:suicide:) what i would like to do is use the Samsung downstairs in the kitchen as a tv I know to use it must have a Tuner Does anybody know if its possible to put a tuner in this model and use as a kitchen tv. I know this a long shot but like i said you never know Thanks

100andthirty 06:16 16 Dec 2010

You would also need speakers.

Freeview tuners with VGA output seem very rare.

charles60 18:55 16 Dec 2010

Found out can use a Freview which has HDMI sockets which there are a few. Like above i Need speakers .they have to be very small as the Monitor is going to sit on top of the fridge have RCA outputs or a small centre spk as not to bothered about Stereo in the kitchen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017