Samsung mobile phone camera

ChasNoel 16:50 11 Oct 2010

Can anyone tell me how to download photographs from my Samsung mobile phone to my PC. I have relatives on a cruise in the Med and they keep sending me photos of the places they are visiting and my inbox is jammed with photos.

I would expect the first question to be - which model of Samsung phone?

Nontek 17:51 11 Oct 2010

And the next question - Have you installed the Samsung PC Suite to your PC?

ChasNoel 19:14 11 Oct 2010

In answer to the above two queries it is a C3050 and Yes I have the PC Suite on my computer. My various attempts to download the photos have been unsuccessful. I have also read the HELP instructions with the PC Suite and they have been less than helpful or maybe I'm a dimwit.

woodchip 19:40 11 Oct 2010

If you have a usb connection on the phone use that, otherwise you need to remove the Micro memory and use an adapter to get photos of it

woodchip 19:44 11 Oct 2010

When you connect to the PC switch the phone on and watch what it says on the phone screen it is used as a Data or storage device to connect. Then in windows press Windows key plus E key this opens Windows Explorer look down on the left for Mobile storage Device to click on till it shows the files

robin_x 19:52 11 Oct 2010

I had a SGH-600 which the PC saw as an external drive when connected by USB cable.

Sadly the phone died and I replaced it with C3050.

USB cable is recognised by phone, but USB device not recognised by Windows 7.

PC Studio is crap anyway, even on my old phone it was very flaky.

Now it does not work at all with C3050.
A patch on Samsung website didn't work (or install?) either. I forget.

I just use a microSD - USB adaptor now.

Probably everything except contacts can be transferred by the card.

ChasNoel 21:03 11 Oct 2010

Thanks guys for all your efforts but it still won't work. Oddly, I got one picture downloaded when I returned to my PC after dinner. Then, after reading your messages and re-connecting I got another one. So I assumed it will only do one at a time but further efforts to try rhis have been in vain. Guess I'll have to wait for my 13year old grand-daughter to return from her holidays and she'll do it first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?