Samsung LED TV - with or w/o internet tv?

alpeshxp 11:32 09 Jan 2011

Considering purchasing a 40inch LED tv from Samsung either the UE40C6000 (around £650) or the UE40C6530 (around £750)

The 6530 has Samsungs [email protected] funnctionality which allows one to watch BBCiplayer, Youtube, and other specific internet contents on the tv if connected to a Wifi connection

I believe the dongle which allows a wireless connection is extra around £50

Any views on which would be better model to buy

I am not interested in other makes since have done my research and find Samsungs LED range whilst not as good performers as a Panasonic or Sony look so much better

Any advice appreciated

User-312386 11:46 09 Jan 2011

I would save my money. Do you have a Wii? If so you can get all that on the Wii, of course i am being a little over presumptuos as you may not have a Wii.

northumbria61 11:49 09 Jan 2011

If you NEED and would USE the added functional features of connecting to the Internet especially on a 40in screen then that is the one I would go for otherwise you would just be wasting your money.
I do agree the Samsung range is excellent - spoilt for choice !

lotvic 12:09 09 Jan 2011

Thank you for that excellent link, I've been in a quandary over which tv to buy, can now make a much better informed choice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?