Samsung LCD TV on/off problem

Grantrh 18:23 09 Mar 2006

Hi,

I have just purchased a Samsung LE26R41BD freeview television. When I come to turn it off (not standby) by pressing the on/off button on the front of the TV it goes into standby mode and the little red light on the on/off button lights up.
I cannot turn it off without disconnecting from the mains.

Is this a fault? or is it supposed to do this?
Does anyone else have this TV and can help me out?

Any help gratefully received.

Link to pdf manual download:
click here=

Fingees 18:31 09 Mar 2006

It supposed to do that, to turn it off from standby, switch of at wall socket.(after putting it into standby.)

anskyber 18:43 09 Mar 2006

The link would not load through time out. But my tv and as far as I am aware all tvs will turn off on the tv switch from stand by. I am therefore surprised at Fingees comments. What can happen is that the telltale light stays on for several seconds as the capacitors discharge. Also sometimes it is necessary to go into standby through the remote then switch off manually on the set.

Grantrh 18:55 09 Mar 2006

Thanks fingees and anskyber.
All the tv's I have ever had turn off.
Do you actually own this TV fingees?

anskyber 18:59 09 Mar 2006

Well I have now read the instructions and I can see why you could be confused, I certainly am. The section on "view of the front panel" is notated with a comment which to me does not fully make sense but implies that when you switch on the power at the mains the light will blink then go off but if you put it into standby it will stay on all the time. That advice seems to conflict with the section on going into standby using the remote.
If I were you I would switch it on at the mains and get a programme working, put it into standby using the power button on the remote then try turning it off at the set waiting for time to allow the capacitors to discharge. If that does not work then I bow to Fingees better judgement!!!

Grantrh 19:18 09 Mar 2006

Thanks anskyber,
Anybody have any other ideas?

Grantrh 19:59 09 Mar 2006

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?