Samsung D500 software problems

khareji 14:58 13 Sep 2005

Hi guys. Have the samsung d500 and just got myself the usb dongle to connect it to my comp (XP). Anyhow, it seemed to be working fine, i can get my pics off the phone and it shows my contacts, but when it comes to uploading nothingh happens. The button is there but it's not highlighted and cannot be pressed. I've uninstalled, re-installed and also uploaded the usb configuration download from the samsung website and still nothing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

field divison 15:31 13 Sep 2005

mmmm... Xp should see this as an external drive, have your bluetooth deactivated see if that help's, are you a member of the samsung fun club? if so download an updated driver...

Thalmus 15:53 13 Sep 2005

is windows using the correct driver? SP2 comes with its own bluetooth driver and windwos will use that instead of the driver that comes with your adapter becasue it is digitaly signed.

go into device manager, right click your adapter and select update driver. Select, choose driver yourself and select the driver that cam with your adapter

khareji 17:44 13 Sep 2005

Deactivated bluetooth and it did nothing. The cable was detected as a usb and was loaded into port com 3 if that is anyhelp. Don't have a clue how to change what it is or what to change it too. Can't understand why it can read my phonebook and download pics off my phone, but wont let me upload onto it.

khareji 19:53 13 Sep 2005

Yay, finalley. Unloaded, loaded, gave up, threw phone in a rage then plugged it in again and it worked!!! :) Very happy. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?