Samsung CLP-300 paper jamming

lightfeet 00:25 19 Sep 2008

My 18 month old, but lightly used Samsung CLP 300 Laser Printer will not feed the paper from the loading tray. The front edge of the paper is being lifted but the rubber roller is not grabbing it. Does this mean the rubber has become contaminated & if so, how do I clean it?
If the tray is filled with about 50 sheets there is a better chance of the paper being grabbed but it then only moves about 2 or 3 inches before jamming again & there is hardly any resistance to it being pulled back out. I am wondering if the roller pressure is correct. Any advice would be appreciated.

MCE2K5 00:37 19 Sep 2008

click here Scroll down to 'Best Solution posted on Jun 22, 2008'

I am Spartacus 10:25 19 Sep 2008

I used Isopropyl Alcohol on my roller (ML-2510 model) and it did fix it temporarily. However I ended up getting a replacement from Samsung (known problem apparently on some models) which unfortunately may not be an option for you. They tend to refer you directly to their repair company if it's out of warranty.

I also now only use good quality 80gsm paper.

lightfeet 11:17 23 Sep 2008

Thanks MCE2K5 & I am Spartacus for your assistance. Although the grab roller appeared clean & had a coarse surface I cleaned it with alcohol as suggestd & it seems to have done the trick. How permanent, only time will tell!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone