samsung cdrw not working

seanmick 19:49 03 Apr 2003

can anybody out there help me i have a samsung cdrw/dvd sm-332b that will only read my cd's it will not re write them it keeps saying media player error quality message could not be sent because no quality sink has been defined. Not sure what this means and its driving me mad

billyliv 20:17 03 Apr 2003

Hi, When you bought your CD/RW did it have burning software bundled ie. Nero? cheers, Bill

seanmick 20:33 03 Apr 2003

im not sure what u mean but the cd/rw was built in to my pc when i bought it

billyliv 20:43 03 Apr 2003

Hi, OK then, In your 'Programs' list do you have Ahead Nero or Roxio Easy CD Creator? Cheers, Bill

billyliv 21:12 03 Apr 2003

Hi, I take it you have gone to the 'PUB' thats OK. I am just on my way also. Cheers, Bill

seanmick 16:02 04 Apr 2003

hi bill yeah i did go to the pub had enough of trying to fix my cd-rw. i looked in programs but i could not find ahead nero or roxio easy cd creator. try'd to re write with it again but no joy kept saying media player can not copyfiles to the recordable disk.
this is driving me mad i can c it being another nite in the pub

billyliv 18:49 04 Apr 2003

Hi, In that case you will need to download a CD Burning program. I know that there are some free ones that are good but I will have to leave it to someone else to point you in the right direction. cheers, Bill

seanmick 19:36 04 Apr 2003

thanks for your help bill much appreciated

billyliv 09:20 05 Apr 2003

Hi seanmick, Lets get your burner working today. I am going to a computer auction shortly so in the meantime open your internet browser and type into the search bar download.com click on CD burner and choose one from the list, I suggest the first one RECORD NOW MAX 4.5 it is free to try. It will get you going until a freeware one can be found. I find it strange that you had a CD/Rewriter fitted in your machine when you bought it and you dont have any burning software. Unless you are using Win XP which has its own software. Cheers, Bill

billyliv 09:21 05 Apr 2003

Hi seanmick, Lets get your burner working today. I am going to a computer auction shortly so in the meantime open your internet browser and type into the search bar download.com click on CD burner and choose one from the list, I suggest the first one RECORD NOW MAX 4.5 it is free to try. It will get you going until a freeware one can be found. I find it strange that you had a CD/Rewriter fitted in your machine when you bought it and you dont have any burning software. Unless you are using Win XP which has its own software. Cheers, Bill

billyliv 09:22 05 Apr 2003

Sorry for the double post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?