samsung 172v monitor

phild 23:35 09 Jan 2009

Good evening

Could anyone please help. I have reformatted my hard drive (XP)on trying to install drivers for my monitor which is a Samsung syncmaster 172v, I get an error message 'error code 259' and can go no further.
any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks for your time
Phil

MAJ 23:50 09 Jan 2009

Do you have the correct driver? click here The monitor shouldn't really need a driver it should work without one. Or do you need your graphics card driver?

phild 00:04 10 Jan 2009

hi thanks for the response. i have the disc for the drivers and the message actually says ' error occur, while installing monitor adaptor error code 259.
i have been trying to install the drivers from the disc because i have been trying to increase my screen resolution in display properties but in wont let me. am i on the wrong track here. thanks again

MAJ 00:09 10 Jan 2009

It's the graphics card drivers you need, not the monitor drivers. What is the make and model of your graphics card?

MAJ 00:10 10 Jan 2009

Or the make and model of the PC?

phild 00:19 10 Jan 2009

hi the computor is a medion model pcmt5 thanks

MAJ 00:28 10 Jan 2009

Try this click here see if it can locate the correct driver for your graphics card, phild. Failing that, try Driver Max click here

phild 00:37 10 Jan 2009

thankyou much appreciated

MAJ 00:44 10 Jan 2009

If any of that doesn't work, phild, use SIW click here to give us more info on your specific graphics card, it could be either an ATI or Nvidia card/chip.

phild 01:14 10 Jan 2009

thanks i will get back some time tomorrow and let you know. seems i have no drivers in the sound card as well. thanks again. phil

MAJ 01:24 10 Jan 2009

That's because you wiped the drive to reinstall XP, phild, that also wipes the drivers. Same thing applies, let us know your sound card's make and model. Did you get a driver CD with the PC, if so, all those drivers should be on it. When you format the drive and reinstall the OS, the next necessary step is to install the motherboard and other hardware drivers from that CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017