Same Windows Update Keeps Showing

bluemoon69 15:51 22 Jul 2013

Hi all and thanks in advance. Every time i start my PC recently the below update keeps saying it has installed and then says it is an important update available again!!!!! Strange why is this.

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2487367)

Download size: 2.1 MB

Many thanks and kind regards Cliffy.

bluemoon69 17:27 22 Jul 2013

I just thought i would try deleting the update. So i went into the registry and deleted all traces of KB2487367 Then rebooted and downloaded the update and installed again, only for it to appear again almost immediately. So am stumped now. Help needed and thanks in advance. Regards Clive.

BT 17:29 22 Jul 2013

Been having the same problem for about a week now.

The down load won't install.

Windows XP Home

rdave13 17:35 22 Jul 2013

If you're sure it has installed properly then hide the update.

rdave13 17:40 22 Jul 2013

BT , took a while to install on my XP netbook. I hid the update, made sure the others all installed, then persevered with it. It seemed an eternity when it finally installed. The netbook didn't seem to be doing anything (hard drive not indicating any action) for quite a while and then it decided to install.

bluemoon69 17:53 22 Jul 2013

@ rdave I presume it install OK as there are alot of entries in the registry associated to KB2487367 Sorry mate being a bit thick now :) but how do i hide the update. Regards Clive.

rdave13 20:02 22 Jul 2013

Go to control panel, select windows update, check for updates, the list should show the offending update. Right click and select 'hide update'. Select 'cancel' at bottom right then Windows Update will check again and should show that no update is available. If you're running XP it should be a similar method of hiding it. For XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)