same problem with two games, camera keeps jumping

bretjones 21:05 22 Aug 2007

i seem to be having the same problem with two of my games; rome total war and sim city 4.

what happens is when i move around the rts map in rome, the camera kinda jumps constantly,
this happens on simcity 4 too.

i dont know whether this is a common problem, i tried googling it, but couldnt find anything similar, i will keep trying though because its driving me nuts.

any help would be well appreciated. thanks.

woodchip 21:06 22 Aug 2007

That sounds like a Low Speck Graphics or you need to Update the Drivers for the card

bretjones 21:25 22 Aug 2007

balls, i forget to list the spec.

8800gts 320mb
amd athlon x2
2gb 667mhz ram
xp home

so i dont think its a problem with my spec. and i think i have all the drivers for my gfx card too, i think. where can i update drivers from, if this is the problem?

woodchip 21:31 22 Aug 2007

From GFX site. GFX does not tell me much. but hears a forum that keeps uptodate drivers plus tweaked drivers to get the best from the card. You have to Register FREE click here

bretjones 21:47 22 Aug 2007

what else do you need to know. sorry im a bit of a newb at all this computer stuff

woodchip 21:52 22 Aug 2007

You need to know the make of card i.e is a Ati or what? You could download and run Belarc to tell you what your computer as got click here

bretjones 21:57 22 Aug 2007

i said in the spec, nvidea 8800gts 320mb by BFG. (granted i forgot to say it was by BFG). anyway no matter now, i got rome total war working, after i got the latest driver installed. bet you guys get this all the time. im installing simcity 4 again now to see if that works. thanks for the link woodchip.

bretjones 21:59 22 Aug 2007

just a quickie here: will installing the latest drivers make games run any faster? just wondering thats all. i have only been using the driver which came with the gfx card, which is probably months out of date. cheers again.

woodchip 21:59 22 Aug 2007

Glad to see you sorted some of it out

woodchip 22:03 22 Aug 2007

As above you can get Tweaked Drivers from the above site so that your card will run as fast as it can

citadel 22:05 22 Aug 2007

Install game patches this may fix camera jump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone