Same prob, new route.. N/Working...

AngeTheHippy 12:18 17 Jun 2006

Morning chaps, can someone pls tell me, when I go into My Computer/MyNetwork Places/(I have 2 icons in there - one is 'shared docs on laptop, the other 'temp folder on laptop)view workgroup computers/(got 2 larger icons in here - laptop(angeslaptop) and angesdesktop(mainPC))then if I click on laptop, apart from printer icons there is a 'shared docs folder - but it doesn't look like the normal yellow folder, it's sort of mounted on an upside down 'T'(prob means networked??). I do the same route on laptop and they can see each other - I've also copied over from laptop to mainpc and vice versa. HOWEVER,, it's quite slow, and also that bally yellow triangle is still visible on sys tray on desktop PC, and I get the message 'limited or no connectivity'. I think SP2 is responsible for all this c**p - it worked perfectly fine before I installed it on mainpc last week!!!

AngetheHippy
xx

wky 12:35 17 Jun 2006

there is something wrong with your connection, try right clicking the network icon with the yellow triangle and click repair.

AngeTheHippy 14:06 17 Jun 2006

yesterday. It didn't repair anything. As I said, it is now working (albeit verrry slowly) but I can live with that. THIS is the EXACT reason I didn't want to install SP2 - because of all the problems users reported - it was only because I got the star in sys tray telling me MS wouldn't support SP1 after Oct 2006 that I went ahread and installed it.

Enjoy the footy,

AngetheHippy
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?