same folder same files

Hucky 18:27 28 Apr 2008

Hi...i have just got a pc from my mate and i notice that even tho its got 80gb hd...there is only 9gb left..however there is a2 folders in the documents and settings with the same name one says abc which has one set of documents and the other says abc.your-2458545 and altho i try to delete it it tells me that itspart of the pc and is unable...helpppp

aine 19:30 28 Apr 2008

Click on my computer, look at c drive, all system files should be on that. When you are there check for any partitions, these could be holding a load of memory. Drastically you could reformat your drive and reload the operating system, assuming he gave you the CD

Eric10 19:30 28 Apr 2008

Since you have only just got the PC, it may be best to create yourself as a new user and copy one of the other profiles to it. click here for how to do it.
Once you have your own profile running as you want it you can delete the other two users from Control Panel, User Accounts. If you select to delete all files this will remove the folders from Documents and Settings.
Before you start, I would suggest going through Add Remove Programs and uninstall anything you don't need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?