Saitek Software

muffin1947 20:04 06 Jan 2008

I am trying to install the software for my Saitek P2500 Rumble Force game pad.But when I get to where it says click on configure I click on it and then it goes no further.I have just returned to the conputer after a hour and it was still in the same place.Has anyone used one of the these gamepads who might be able to help.

mrwoowoo 20:25 06 Jan 2008

Mine installed ok on my pc but not on my kids.
Installed it in safe mode in the end and it worked ok.

harps1h 20:30 06 Jan 2008

i have saitek and the drivers installed ok on both xp and on my new vista

mrwoowoo 20:38 06 Jan 2008

Ah i remembered where i found the solution,as i recall the safe mode option didn't work.
here it is.
Q7: I have the latest version of the pad software from the website (or have the CD) and after I click Configure during the installation, I get the two driver signing warnings but then the installer just sits there doing nothing else. What can I do?

A7: This is an unusual issue that some Windows XP users have with the latest driver. Follow these instructions to obtain the new driver which solves this:

First unplug your controller, click Start>Run and type

nx -Mu -Sk

(case sensitive) and click OK.

Then open the C:\Program Files\Saitek\Drivers directory on your computer. Run the NukeUSB file and from the NukeUSB window select your controller and then click Remove Selected Devices (if it's not there then ignore this step). Click OK and then run the NukeBus file from the same folder. Now go to Control Panel and run the Add/Remove Programs icon. Remove all Saitek entries in the list of programs and then go to the C:\Program Files directory and delete the Saitek folder. Restart your computer and the files will all be uninstalled.

Now plug the pad in without the software and Windows should install it using its own drivers - you can test it in Game Controllers in Control Panel. If it's working in there then do the following:

With the controller plugged in, connect to the internet and run Windows Update (Start>Windows Update) and let it scan your PC for any available updates. Once it's finished there should be an update available for the controller in the list of Driver Updates - add that to the list of downloads and then let it download and install it for you.

Once that's done you will need to get the programming software. To get this you need to go to the Properties screen for the pad in Control Panel and click the About tab. Click the link on that page to download the latest version of the programming software and install it.

Once that's installed the programming software should be working fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?