SAHAGENT & NETPALS REMOVAL

joebruce 13:56 10 Dec 2003

Can you help me remove these adware pests!!! I have followed all the info provided and looked in my computers registerand removed as recommended. I have scanned them and quarantined them in MaAfee, but they come back when I re-boot or browse the internet......can you guide me through this removal please. Line by line if possible.
Joe

Jester2K II 14:01 10 Dec 2003

Ad Aware click here and / or SpyBot click here

Update and scan - like Anti Virus but for Spyware

johnnyrocker 14:07 10 Dec 2003

it does not seem to me that these are adware pest but infections of some kind or another ie worms etc and what may be happening is that they are in your system restore folder and therefore re appear on start up that is if you have xp or me and if so you will need to disable system restore while cleansing, click here to download and run spyware removal tool adaware.

johnny

AndySD 14:08 10 Dec 2003

click here or AdAware may remove it click here

Jester2K II 15:03 10 Dec 2003

"what may be happening is that they are in your system restore folder and therefore re appear on start up "

Files cannot magically reappear from the System restore folder unless you ask them to.

There is a bit of misunderstanding about this viruses in the SR folder. Some anti virus packages (inc AVG 6) can detect viruses in the SR folder but cannot delete them as this is a protected folder.

It can explain why a virus is still detected after its been cleaned though. However the virus can do no damage or harm from the SR folder. it certainly can't appear back on Start Up.

joebruce - you say it comes back. Can you tell us where its found. If its ion a folder called c:\system information\restore (or similar) then its in System restore. You need to switch Sr off, reboot and switch it on to flush the restore logs (you'll loose all your SR points though)

Other wise can you post some more accurate and detailed info so we can give you more detailed help.

joebruce 15:32 10 Dec 2003

win2000pro P4 2g 512 ram. anti-virus, Norton firewall & McAfee online virus checker.

Hello, thanks for you're help and getting back to me. How do you turn off system restore? and what/where is it?? The pop ups returns when Im "browsing" the internet. McAfee virus check says they are both Adwares called Adware-sahagent & Adware Net-pals found in c:\system32\lsp.dll and c:\system32\netpals.dll

Jester2K II 15:36 10 Dec 2003

win2000 - Ignore System restore - you haven't got it.

Use AdAware - click here and / or SpyBot click here to clean and remove

Try cleaning in Safe Mode and update both programs before running.

Jester2K II 15:36 10 Dec 2003

They are both plugins for IE. If Adaware and Spybot don't work HijackThis will but its more complex...

Jester2K II 15:50 10 Dec 2003

By e-mail - Hijack?? what is ?

Its an anti Hijacking program.

Use Ad Aware and SpyBot first. If they don't work then we might have to resort to HijackThis..

Jester2K II 15:53 10 Dec 2003

And update the programs and then scan in Safe Mode.

InZaNE_mOdS 18:31 10 Dec 2003

i know SAHAGENT is a spyware, i had it myself a couple of weeks ago and removed it with spybot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache