Sage Instant and backup issue

skidzy 21:06 20 May 2008

Xp Pro with Sage Instant installed.

Main problem is creating the backup.

I can create the backup and burn to disk and flashdrive,however when i try to open the backup...i get not a valid windows32 application.

Any ideas folks ?

This is for a friend and i do not have access to the program at the moment.I tried everything i know last night while in front of the machine.
I have a copy of the backup with me and was wondering if its possible to open with something like a Sage viewer if such a thing exists.

My knowledge of Sage is limited to say the least.

[email protected] 21:30 20 May 2008

Sage instant accounts?
Its been a while since ive used it skidzy,
I dont think you can view it,but if needing to restore from the back up,select restore from within sage and point to the back up location.It will then overwrite the data to the date of back up.

I might still have it installed on my laptop,ill have a look later.
Apologies if not sage accounts.

MAT ALAN 21:35 20 May 2008

click here

2,3,4 i don't think are the issues, No1 maybe...

skidzy 21:36 20 May 2008

Hi Raven,hope your well.

" Sage instant accounts "

I believe it is Raven.

Strange as i thought you could at least explore the data...though as said,my knowledge is limited on this subject.

Cheers for the input it is appreciated.

skidzy 21:40 20 May 2008

Ello me ol mucker,cheers for the link.

Funny thing here,the original data has a warning regarding the comment,but still creates the backup successfully-this is checked and varified to be ok.

skidzy 21:44 20 May 2008

would i be correct in saying;

you need to import the backup to view the contents ?

This makes sense to me...but of course could be way off track lol.

MAT ALAN 21:46 20 May 2008

Hey skidz, strange, you would expect it to be one of the variables...

would it still validate if the backup was somehow incomplete, this would generate the error message...

skidzy 21:52 20 May 2008

The backup is auto checked once created and a manual checkup is carried out and is varified to be ok.

I think raven may have hit the nail on the head saying its not viewable only by restoring.

Thing is,i do not want to restore this backup ...just in case there is something wrong.

[email protected] 22:18 20 May 2008

Hi again,
Ive only used it a few times after format etc.
After The fresh install of os/sage ive then restored from the sage back up file.
The back up overwrites all data.As far as im aware, its not a case of simply viewing the back up.
All subsequent data entered(post the back up date) would be lost during the restore process,unless another up to date back up was created(different no. ie Sageback.oo2)
you could then restore from that to undo changes made by the first back up/restore operation.
Sorry cant help much more than that,maybe a sage wiz around who can clarify for you.
PS
the only way I can think of to test it...
Install sage on your pc,so it will be blank with no data,then use the restore function to import data from the back up location.

skidzy 22:23 20 May 2008

Cheers Raven

I had been thinking on those lines since you mentioned unable to view the backup only restore.

Cheers for the help guys,its really appreciated.

Thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017