safely remove - harddrives!

rickd 16:59 12 Dec 2006

For some reason my two internal harddrives (i.e C and D) are listed in the "safely remove hardware" icon in the system tray. I'm worried that one day I'll missclick safely removing my flashdrive/camera etc, and turn the system HD off! It may be the result of me reformatting a while back and not setting something up right.
Any ideas where to remove the drives from the list, without obviously removing them full stop!

howard64 17:32 12 Dec 2006

although you get the message you do not do anything until you double click on the message and then click on the device to remove. Just read your messages before clicking. Possibly by the time you have rebooted a few times it will have corrected itself.

rickd 17:48 12 Dec 2006

Its been there for a few weeks now, and I can probably manage not to misclick (tho can be sure anyone else using the PC would). What's most worrying is that windows seems to think my internal drives are external. I just checked the OEM drivers that came with the PC and there's a whole load of RAID stuff, which I assume is to do with controlling the HD's. Maybe I need to reinstall something, but what?
They seem to be working fine (other than being seen as external!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone