Safe Surfing for kids

Mike Mills 19:39 28 Mar 2003

Can anybody suggest the best "safeguard" that I could download to protect my children's surfing. My daughter likes to look at Barbie type dress up sites - guess what google found her!!! any advice and/or help greatly appreciated.....Mike Mills

spikeychris 19:42 28 Mar 2003

Two house bricks spring to mind...

click here

Chris

Totally-braindead 19:45 28 Mar 2003

My own suggestion is to get hold of Norton Internet Security. Part of this is Antivirus and a Firewall which you may already have but it does have Parental Conrols which are really easy to configure (with a bit of patience of course ).
Do watch you don't have anti virus and other firewalls already installed though as the Norton may clash with programs already installed.

Totally-braindead 19:48 28 Mar 2003

Sorry meant Controls not Conrols. This damn dislex,disle ,oh I give up you know what I mean

Mike Mills 20:34 28 Mar 2003

thanks for your suggestions, i'll give them a try. lets hope future surfing doesn't give quite so many dress up options!

Mike Mills 20:35 28 Mar 2003

thanks for your suggestions, i'll give them a try. lets hope future surfing doesn't give quite so many dress up options!

Mike Mills 20:38 28 Mar 2003

Belatucadrus 20:43 28 Mar 2003

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone