Safe Mode start up

pebuscfan 04:47 04 Jan 2009

I was trying to remove spyware guard 2008 and downloaded the Superantivirus software. Once the process was complete it required a re-boot of the system. Now when I try to start up I get the error message that my computer was shut wrong last and I am give the option to start up in Normaly or in safe mode. I am unable to us the arrows on the keyboard to select safe mode. I thougt I was a problem with my keyboard so I tried and keyboard and had the same problem. PLEASE HELP!

ICF 06:54 04 Jan 2009

Is it a usb keyboard? Have you tried to enabling USB legacy in the bios?

mocha 07:09 04 Jan 2009

Hi pebuscfan,

You dont say what operating system you are using, if it's XP try this.

Click Start, Run and type MSCONFIG in the box and click OK

The System Configuration Utility will start, On the BOOT.INI tab, make sure that "/SAFEBOOT" is unchecked and click OK to restart your computer.

birdface 14:02 04 Jan 2009

Superantivirus software.Do you mean superantispyware.

birdface 14:12 04 Jan 2009

Try starting in safe mode[just keep tapping F8 as the computer starts.]Maybe go into add Remove and remove Superantivirus software if that was the program that you downloaded.Then run your other security programs or try a System restore to a date when you had no problems.

pebuscfan 20:35 05 Jan 2009

I was using a USB keyboard and changed to non USB keyboard. I was able to start up in safe mode and resolve the problem.

Thanks for you help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017