safe mode Fujitsu siemens

TN 19:50 13 Mar 2007

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Desktop computer Scaleo P. When I press F8 to boot up in safe mode all I am given is a screen to allow me to choose which Hard Drive to boot from. Is this make of computer unique in the key one presses to get into Windows safe mode and if so which key has to be pressed? Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

skidzy 19:53 13 Mar 2007

Try F10 or F11 could be any key.... a Google may help

VoG II 19:55 13 Mar 2007

Use msconfig click here

TN 20:03 13 Mar 2007

Many thanks VoG - never considered un=sing msconfig. Will use this when I am rebooting in Safe mode - at the same time I would like to find how to boot in it! I have tried F11 and F12, skidzy, with no success but I suppose if I run up the line of F keys I am bound to find it!! Many thanks again

skidzy 20:11 13 Mar 2007

Just had a look around Google,and the info seems to point to F8 as i would have thought.You are tapping F8 as soon as the start button has been pushed ?

Sorry if im stating the obvious.

Poitier 15:03 15 Mar 2007

I faced the same problem with a Mesh computer.The solution in my case was to tap F8 later in the POST screen,in my case it was when 'press F10 for recovery'disappeared.

TN 16:14 01 May 2007

Just discovered the true solution - yes, you press f8 key BUT only AFTER the Fujitsu Siemens image has disappeared - pressing f8 while the image is displayed, or before it appears, gives you the option of booting from various sources.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone