s32evnt1.dll prob after removing Nortons

ray27 09:05 30 Aug 2007

I recently removed Norton System Works 2003 using the A downloaded tool from the web which did this and this seemed to work but know when I try to play a certain video a box comes up with , other videos work ok
C:prog~1\symantic\s32evnt1.dll an installable virtual device driver failed dll initialisation chose close to terminate application.

I have downloaded the s32evnt1.dll zip file and saved it but what I am not sure of is the box telling me that I am missing the file? or that I just can't get access to it .
If I click on the file I downloaded it asks me if I am sure I want to do this and I am not sure any advice would be most welcome Cheers Ray

muscic lover 09:19 30 Aug 2007

I had a problem with Uninstalling Norton's bloatware from my system too.

I had to re-install it, then go to the symantic web site and use their help pages to get the files 'safely removed' and purged from my system correctly!

I had problems with playing videos prior to deletion via symantic site... I can't remember the full details but now am perfecly content afterwards.

VoG II 09:24 30 Aug 2007

Try this click here

ray27 14:52 30 Aug 2007

Thanks but as the video is an old one ,1997, and the problem only reared its ugly head when I try to use it and everything else seems to be ok I will ignore it and wait until it appears to prevent something important from loading . Cheers Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?