S Video Problem?

7 16:04 01 Dec 2006

I want play my moview from my laptop to my TV i.e I need TV as screen so I bought from maplin S- Video and Stereo phono (Code L59AR). I connected the S - Video in the back of my laptop and scart into TV sacrt saying AV1 but its not working.
Could somebody help plz.....

eedcam 17:57 01 Dec 2006

Are you sure your scart on tv supports S-video. Not all scart inputs do and if they do it is sometimes AV2or AV3.Also are you sure you got the conector with S-video going into the scart not out or if you got the switchable one have you got the switch in the correct position

7 18:38 01 Dec 2006

thank u for reply but how do I check -
1) whether scart on TV is supported or not as i donnot have any information I bought from somebody. TV is AIwA TV - SE - 2130K

2) that wat I bought is the connector with S video into scart not out or whether it is switchable ?

Kindly help...

eedcam 22:36 01 Dec 2006

Only by checking the tv's manual you may be able to download from samsung. You could try another scart input as I said all tv's dont support does it not have a dedicated S-video input?. The connector you bought always confusing I had the same prob you nees to check if poss with maplin you have the one you need

7 23:02 01 Dec 2006

i checked with maplin but they denied any knowledge. Also my TV doesn't have S video input.

Any idea about change of display settings as when I checked on display settings under Advanced tab i couldn't change setting from laptop screen to TV screen....???

eedcam 23:11 01 Dec 2006

Afraid cant help much on the laptop side 7 but I would guess (maybe wrong ) that if the tv dont have anS-video socket its unlikely to have a scart enabled S-video. Lets hope someone else might be of help good luck

ArrGee 11:39 02 Dec 2006

May sound silly, but are you sure the S-Video on the laptop is S-Video Out, not S-Video In?

Once the laptop os connected to the TV, instead of going to display settings, try right-clicking on the desktop and see if there are any other display setting options.

If not, post back details of your video card and it maybe possible to download further display options from the manufacturers website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?