s-video not working

djbenny 19:13 07 Aug 2007

i have a ge-force go 7600 in a toshiba sat pro P100

i cant get the s-video port to be used.

holme 21:03 07 Aug 2007

Can you give more information? What are you connecting to the S-video port? What connecting lead are you using? Have you enabled the S-video port? What are the symptoms? What alternative actions have you taken to try to get it working?

djbenny 10:44 09 Aug 2007

i cant find an option to turn the s-video on, and its a cable going to tv with scart on the other end.

i've used it before on my old pc.

€dstowe 11:16 09 Aug 2007

Have you used that cable before for S-video? Quite often SCART connectors don't have the S-video pins wired up, just the RCA.

holme 11:38 09 Aug 2007

Thanks for the info. Many Toshiba Satellites need the S-video port to be enabled (key on keyboard) but I've checked the spec for your Sat Pro P100 and, like you, cannot find a reference to it, so maybe it's not required.

I presume from what you said that you're using an S-video/SCART adaptor at the TV end. If so, make sure it's an IN variant, not OUT. Or if the switchable type, double-check that it's switched to IN (easily missed!).

Can you try another SCART socket on the TV? Even if it's not S-video enabled, you should still get a monochrome display (no colour). That'll help pin down whether it's a prob at the TV end.

Try reversing the S-video cable (I once had one with a dodgy contact that, for some reason, would work only in one direction).

HTH and good luck, I'm running out of ideas...

sean-278262 13:01 09 Aug 2007

I had a similar problem and found that the scart block that was a separate part required a small switch to be flicked from output to input.

djbenny 13:29 14 Aug 2007

there is no switch, does it have to plugged in and on for it to work (to the tv)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?