Runtime error installing Tiger Woods 07

octal 13:11 23 Jan 2007

It's not me who is having the problem, but a friend of mine has. When she tries to install the program the following message appears:

Runtime Error

program:c:\DOCUMENT~\[user name]\Local\Temp\Autorun.exe

The machine is new and I've asked her to make sure all the Windows updates are installed. Instead of using the autorun I've got her to double click on the setup.exe but that just freezes the computer.

She had an entry in the Mcafee blocked list called SETUP(1).EXE which might have been something to do with it, but that has since been removed and still the problem remains.

I have asked her to make sure she is installing as admin which she is.

Mcafee hasn't picked up any virus which I understand could cause this problem, the only other thing I can think of is a software conflict. Anyone else got any ideas please?

Remember I'm not in front of her machine, so it might take a little while till she can try your suggestions.

Technotiger 13:15 23 Jan 2007

Try one of these from Google ...

Good luck.

octal 13:16 23 Jan 2007

I have, no go, thanks.

Technotiger 13:16 23 Jan 2007

Hi, try one of these from Google ...

click here

Good luck.

Technotiger 13:16 23 Jan 2007

Ooops, dunno how that happened, sorry about double post.

octal 13:18 23 Jan 2007

Thanks again, but that was my first port of call, and all those links have been visited in the link you gave.

Technotiger 13:20 23 Jan 2007

Another thought - get her to turn off her anti-virus before running the TWs installation.

octal 13:25 23 Jan 2007

She has already tried switching off the A/V as well. Just a thought, even though it's a new computer, could it still be a memory problem? I understand that can cause a problem with runtime errors as well.

I'm not sure how to check the memory in Windows XP because I don't run it here.

Technotiger 13:30 23 Jan 2007

This is the site to check pc's memory type/amount etc ... but a physical check of mem-sticks for proper fit, may be needed.

click here

Click on Scan my Computer ...

octal 13:39 23 Jan 2007

Thanks again Technotiger. She is not very technical, but I'll see if I can coax her on here.

I have got a dentist appointment at 14:00 so it will be a while before I'm in touch again, it's just that I didn't want you thinking I was ignoring you.

Technotiger 13:43 23 Jan 2007

OK - good luck at dentist!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone