Runtime error in IE6

Datcho 17:09 28 Jan 2003

Since installing IE6 from a PC Advisor cover disk, I am unable to access a website using a link in an email. If I click such a link I receive an error box with the words: Runtime error 216 at 00002EE1. My PC then locks up completely and I have to switch off at the electric wall socket [even the off switch on the PC locks up!] Can anyone help?

spikeychris 17:16 28 Jan 2003

Have you run a virus test lately?

Datcho 17:32 28 Jan 2003

Thanks - the answer is "yes" - the fault is more than just a virus problem, but thanks again anyway.

spikeychris 17:44 28 Jan 2003

The reason why I ask is Runtime Error 216 can be associated with the SubSeven Trojan virus.

Chris

Datcho 17:26 04 Mar 2003

Apart from two kind responses from spikeychris, no one else seems to have an answer - or do they? Is there anyone else out there who can help me? I was still experiencing the problem, so now I 'copy' the URL in the e-mail, 'comeout' of Outlook Express, click on the 'Stay connected' box, then open up Explorer and 'paste' the URL to complete the link. It is a long drawn out job which would be much simlified if I was not plagued with this 'runtime error'. Please see my original message for details, if you can help! Please! From Datcho.

spikeychris 19:05 04 Mar 2003

Sometimes its easier to start again then try to fix it. There are a few reasons why the runtime can pop its head up, so you could just un-install IE6 and then re-install.

You could also go to add/remove programs and click to un-install IE6 but choose the repair option you will get. This could save you the trouble of the un-install..

click here for info on how to un-install

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)