Runtime Error in Easy Wallpaper Workshop

Blue Whale 11:43 20 Dec 2006

I have a program called Easy Wallpaper Workshop, which allows the creation of slideshows for use as wallpaper. When I first installed it ,it worked well. Then I installed another similar program, Wallpaper Manager,and a Flash Saver program. Then I registered Easy W-P Workshop. Then suddenly I started getting 'Runtime Error '5':' in the EWW, and a message 'Invalid Pocedure Call or Argument'. I uninstalled and re-installed it several times and uninstalled the other W-P-M program, but it still would give this error. The program works up untill clicking to Save the slideshow when it crashes.I have contacted the author site but they only told me to re-install, which I've already found doesn't help.
I've also performed Registry scans and clean-ups using two different Reg Scanners, and I have anti-Spyware and A-V software both in real-time mode and up to date.

Anybody, any ideas? Please?

Dave H

brundle 11:59 20 Dec 2006

Ensure your visual basic runtime libraries are up to date;
vb6
click here

vb5
click here

Blue Whale 12:48 20 Dec 2006

brundle....
Thanks for your reply mate,

Unfortunately updating/re-installing the VBRs didnt help. I also re-installed the program again after the VBRs.

I've searched this Error on Google but all the results I've got there go into programming language solutions which I just don't understand, and didn't apply to this program anyway..

I'll be very grateful for any more suggestions, thanks
Dave H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone