Runtime Error

bluto1 19:16 19 Mar 2009

A friend sent me 2 emails this evening both with attachments. When I clicked on the paperclips a window opened and informed me about a Runtime error and asked if I wanted to debug. I phoned him and asked what he'd sent and explained what happened at my end, but in short, he couldn't help, so I'm asking one, or more, of you kind gents. Thank you in advance.

mfletch 19:21 19 Mar 2009

Do you use AVG security

As that puts a paper clip but its just to say the email has been scanned

Just a idea

bluto1 19:27 19 Mar 2009

No, I use Avast. Most of his previous emails have been checked by AVG.

mfletch 19:31 19 Mar 2009

It could be that then ask him to disable his email scanner and send you another email so as to eliminate AVG

bluto1 21:21 19 Mar 2009

Sorry, I had to leave. Thanks for help so far. I've had another chat with my mate and he's sending me some more mail without attachments. I'll let you know the result.

bluto1 18:58 20 Mar 2009

All I've discovered is that the problem is on my PC.

bluto1 22:26 22 Mar 2009

Well, it's taken 2 days but I've finally got rid of the runtime error, and I'm not sure how I managed it but through a series of actions involving Uninstalling and reinstalling IE8, uninstalling IE7, System Restore I finally got there. Price is a very slow computer. I'm going to click Resolve as I have another thread running on a similsr subject. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?