Runtime Error

stephenson51 14:01 05 May 2004

Can you advise me why I am getting the following error message whenever i visit certain websites:

Runtime Error.

Program C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe

Abnormal Program Termination.

---

how can I solve this annoying problem?

GaT7 14:24 05 May 2004

Your PC may be infected with ad/spyware. Download & install Adaware, Spybot-S&D & run scans with them. To download - Adaware - click here - Spybot-S&D - click here. Also get SpywareBlaster -click here which blocks scum in real time as you surf. l . All the programs are freeware. Remember to check for UPDATES regularly & BEFORE scanning for the first time.

stephenson51 14:30 05 May 2004

Thanks Crossbow - I already have Adaware but have not run it for some time - will do it now and see if it resolves it (will also download the soywareblaster as suggested)

stephenson51 14:49 05 May 2004

thanks crossbow - just finished with adaware and delted the 140 objects found and runtime error seems to have been resolved

GaT7 14:54 05 May 2004

No problem. Don't forget to install SpywareBlaster. You'll be surprised at it's effectiveness at keeping most scum at bay. As I said earlier, keep scanning & checking for updates regularly for all these programs.

PS - some folks may also suggest having Spybot too, as it sometimes finds stuff that Adaware misses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017