Runtime Error

LPB 10:30 17 Dec 2003

When browsing the PC Advisor website, and renewing my subscription, I received a message "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line 55 Error: Object required." I am then invited to debug YES or NO.
What does this mean? I had a similar message when ordering something elsewhere. When I tried to debug I seemed to get into a meaningless closed loop. Eventuall I chose to not debug, and the ordering process limped along OK.
Can anyone offer any comments, please?
Les Bufton

Diodorus Siculus 10:35 17 Dec 2003

When using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.x for browsing, should you receive an error message in this part of the site that states, “A runtime error has occurred. Do you wish to debug?” this indicates that Javascript debugging is enabled in the browser, and that IE does not recognize some of the Javascript commands required by the Netscapeâ browser. To permanently fix this problem, and prevent the same issue from reoccurring on other sites that use similar commands, perform the following simple steps:

:

: 1) Select “Tools/Internet Options/Advanced” from the Menu Bar at the top of the browser window.

:

: 2) Under “Browsing”, CHECK the box that is captioned “Disable Script Debugging”

: 3) Click on “Apply” at the lower right of the dialog window.

: 4) Click “OK” to exit the window.

: That’s all there is to it. Click the “Back” button in your browser to return to the home page.

VoG II 12:49 17 Dec 2003

Also UNtick "Display a notification about every script error"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?