Runtime Engine

swapper 17:16 30 Jan 2004

What is a runtime engine please.

I ask this question because it was suggested to that I install it on any CD that I want to open automatically on insertion into the drive.

How do I get it or create it
TIA

Lozzy 17:48 30 Jan 2004

NNU Runtime Engine is the software that runs the interfaces created with NNU Architect. NNU Runtime Engine runs on Microsoft WindowsĂ´ platforms and was designed to be small, fast and hardware independent.

NNU Runtime Engine interprets the interfaces that the designer creates. Interface updates are generally small and can be deployed quickly because the Runtime Engine software on the kiosk never changes.

NNU Runtime Engine is a Microsoft WindowsĂ´ application and will run on most hardware supported by this platform. This allows designers the freedom to choose the platform that best suits their needs. Designers can use the COM and ActiveX support to use or develop objects to support new hardware as it comes out and will not find themselves tied to obsolete equipment as their project begins to grow.

swapper 18:05 30 Jan 2004

$%^&*(* heck Lozie, that was a fast response :-)

I understood about 40% of what you said.
Would you be kind enough to put it in terms like:- "before you can make a cup of tea, put water in the kettle, switch on the electricity, and bring the water to the boil"

It looks a bit technical to me :-)))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?