running sonicstage from external drive

TOMSTEPHENSON1 14:59 03 Sep 2005

I am trying to run sonys sonicstage from an external hard drive rarther than my c drive. I need more storage than is available on my c drive.
I have copied the sonicstage program folder onto my external drive but am at a loss how to get the program to run. Can any one help please

DieSse 17:05 03 Sep 2005

You can only do what you ask if you INSTALL the program onto your external drive (if it allows yyou to.) - Just copying the mian program folder across will leave many bits inside windows folders on the C drive, which refer to/are used by the program - and they'll be in, or pointing to the wrong drive.

However - is it the program you want to move - or the music library - I suspect it may be the latter. If you look at the settings in Tools - Options - Location to save imported files - you can readily change this to a location on your other drive.

Then the sizeable stuff all goes onto your second drive - just the program remains on your C drive.

(My grandson has a Sony mp3 plyer - so I have the software on my system, as luck would have it!)

TOMSTEPHENSON1 12:25 08 Sep 2005

many thanks , I will have ago this evening

TOMSTEPHENSON1 08:19 09 Sep 2005

many thanks, that seems to have got me sorted oput

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?