running SFC on Windows Vista

bukkaz 21:59 19 Jan 2010

A friend is having trouble with his laptop. He has had tore-install Windows Vista. Everything is working fine except there is no sound. Everything appears to be installed OK. How do you run SFC /SCANNOW on Vista as I just thought I;d check and see if it theew anything up but can't see where RUN is.

Thanks

tullie 22:16 19 Jan 2010

Start Orb/Properties/Start Menu-Customise/Click box next to Run Command

Eargasm 22:16 19 Jan 2010

You have to open a elevated command prompt to run sfc. Start/all programs/ accesories right click command prompt and click on run as administrator then type sfc / scannow

MAJ 22:18 19 Jan 2010

Right-click on the Start Button (Globe), choose Properties, select Star Menu, Click Customise and scroll down and select the Run Command.

Did he load the sound card drivers after the reinstall?

Sea Urchin 23:08 19 Jan 2010

Much easier just to press Windows key + R for run box

mcnuggster 00:37 20 Jan 2010

tryed putting laptop bk to factory settings on boot up i kept on pressing f8 selected factory settings done all that got to installing windows i pressed off by mistake half way though now got erro windows installation cannot proceed to install click ok to restart laptop then restart installation but keeps coming bk to this

Sea Urchin 00:37 20 Jan 2010

This thread is about running SFC on Vista - you need to start your own thread with appropriate title instead of hijacking another one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017