Running out of memory

hugeb 11:00 07 May 2004

whilst working this morning I noticed that my laptop was getting slow and after a lock up I looked to see what was happening in task manager. for some reason there were 46 processes running. I've got 512MB ram but I was down to less than 100 free. ccProxy was using 120Mb...? What does ccProxy do ? and why does it use co much memory? any help would be appreciated

johnnyrocker 11:06 07 May 2004

what anti spyware do you have?

johnny.

recap 11:09 07 May 2004

CCProxy lets all computers on a LAN access Internet through one single Internet connection.
CC Proxy Server is an Internet connection sharing software for Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003. Supporting dial-up, ISDN, DSL, and DDN connections, it helps you build your own proxy server and share Internet access within a LAN efficiently and easily. CC Proxy Server can act as a HTTP/FTP/SOCKS/mail/news/telnet proxy server. It features account management functions, including Internet access control, bandwidth control, web filtering, and content filtering.

hugeb 11:10 07 May 2004

Norton AV. installed Norton Internet Security 2004 2 weeks ago

expertec 11:10 07 May 2004

???

CC Proxy is an easy-to-use Internet connection sharing software for Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003. Supporting dial-up, ISDN, DSL, and DDN connections, it helps you build your own proxy server and share Internet access within a LAN efficiently and easily. CC Proxy Server can act as HTTP/FTP/SOCKS/mail/news/telnet proxy servers. And it features powerful account management functions, including Internet access control, bandwidth control, Web filtering, and content filtering.

click here

hugeb 11:14 07 May 2004

Thanks recap...... that just went about 10000feet over my head.
I'm running a laptop with dial up connection . don't have a network

expertec 11:16 07 May 2004

Then why is CCproxy installed? go to add remove programs in control panel and uninstall it :-0

hugeb 11:20 07 May 2004

Would ccProxy have come with NAV? I cant recollect seing anything with ccProxy in it

recap 11:23 07 May 2004

I would not uninstall it yet. Try disabeling it first, you may need it for your Internet connection.

Go to Start/Run and type in msconfig from here click the Startup tab, if it is in the list take the tick out. Run your computer accessing the Internet as normal for a time to see if disabeling it has caused any problems. If not then just leave it as it is.

woodchip 11:39 07 May 2004

And remove other programs you do not need to run at start

hugeb 12:17 07 May 2004

recap....just tried what you suggested...msconfig...ccApp.exe was only thing there that had cc.....only problem was that when I unticked it and restarted....Norton Internet security was disabled & ccProxy wasn't in task manager...but....could only get firewall and anti-virus back by going into msconfig and ticking ccApp.exe again ...just checked task manager and looks like ccProxy again using 115MB of memory
Any more thoughts? other than getting a bucketfull of memory

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?