runner error?????

WINEBOTTLE 14:54 25 Mar 2007

Ive just had to do a system restore which i did but after i keep getting a window popping up which says "runner error" runner file name[logitech desktop messenger.exe]lacks a |_|[the app id separator]what does this mean i known its to do with my keyboard and mouse so do i need to re-install the software on the disc that came with it,or should i un-install and start again [my keyboard still works ok!

Technotiger 15:06 25 Mar 2007

Hi, I think you have answered your own question - yes, I would first try re-install over old installation, or if that does not work then un-install and re-install 'clean'.

Good luck.

WINEBOTTLE 08:12 27 Mar 2007

thanks technotiger that seems to have worked,
I forgot to mention the other problem.
My speakers don't work any more and my cousion thinks its to do with the driver[its realtec ac97 audio]which is at fault so it looks like I am going to have to buy a sound card.
So do they fit via the pci slots in the back and without going realy expencive how much should I spend
and what make is the best I heard that creative are good.

Technotiger 08:25 27 Mar 2007

Re your sound ... it might be that your Realtec AC97 (which is on-board sound) has been disabled in the BIOS, you could check and then enable it if needed. Or a better idea is a pci sound card (in which case the on-board sound should be disabled in the BIOS - can't remember if adding a pci sound card automatically disables AC97, but easy to check) and yes Creative are very good, can be bought for as little as £15, pretty basic at that price though.

To get into the BIOS press Del during start-up sequence, once at the BIOS main menu you can read the instructions for navigating through the BIOS - it is quite clear and easy. Navigate through to Peripherals where you will see AC97 mentioned and will be able to see if it is enabled or disabled, altering it if necessary, as explained in the BIOS main menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?