RUNDLL ERROR NvCpl.dll

franb 13:05 03 Feb 2005

I am running win98 SE on a P3 1.4ghz with 384mb pc133 ram, Gigabyte GA-7vtxe mobo, 82 gig Hitachi 7200rpm HD,geforce Ti3 200 64mb vid. card.

My problem is that every time win98 boots up i get a RUNDLL ERROR that says:

Error loading C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/NvCpl.dll
An association with this file

Ihave latest win9x drivers installed nvidia_66.94_win98

I have downloaded the file nvcpl.dll off of a driver website and have copied it to my C:/windows/system32 but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

ACOLYTE 13:09 03 Feb 2005

Hi, i think this may be because you have got the Desktop managment part of the driver enabled,if you have try disabling it from the advanced part of the driver page.

JIM 13:32 03 Feb 2005

You may have downloaded more than you required(you would not know at time)- - with the NvCpl.dll and the nvidia updates.Poss conflict with a slightly different version, of exsisting RUNDLL or the nvidia RUN.DLL.

Go To start, RUN,type in Msconfig click OK and when systems configuration utility pops up open the startup tab. Un-tick from box NvCpl and if NvMc Tray
is there do the same.Reboot and see if your error is still there at bootup.

The latest Nvidia drivers are a ok for later adapter card but if running an older card not always needed.

ACOLYTE 13:48 03 Feb 2005

I think you can turn these off from within the Display properties/settings/advanced of the card,at least thats where mine are.

ACOLYTE 15:19 03 Feb 2005

What was the problem?

franb 10:20 04 Feb 2005

Jim was right on the the button
I removed unwanted stuff from startup

JIM 10:28 04 Feb 2005

We both thank you for the feed back,it does help other poss in same situation.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?