rundll error c:windows\eg_auth_1045.dll

MIKE. 19:30 15 Nov 2005

A friend of mine has a Dell PC for about 3 years now and he has complained to me it was going very slow. I downloaded AVG and it found 108 various viruses which it has healed, adaware also found 140 malaware reports which I have deleted. When I boot the PC I get an rundll error report c:windows\eg_auth_1045.dll which I can click OK and it lets everything load as normal. My question is does anyone kmow what c:windows\eg_auth_1045.dll error report is telling me. many thanks.

VoG II 19:37 15 Nov 2005

I think it is one of the malware files that you have removed click here=

Does it show up on the Startup tab if you run msconfig click here

MIKE. 19:40 15 Nov 2005

Thanks VOG would you have any idea if I would need to disable system restore with this type of malaware, before running a full scan again.

VoG II 19:43 15 Nov 2005

I don't think so. I think the message is Windows complaining that it was expecting to find this file but it has been removed.

MIKE. 19:49 15 Nov 2005

I may be asking a couple of silly questions but if I go into msconfig what programme do I untick to stop it starting up and how do I stop the error message appearing. Sorry if I seem a bit thick.

VoG II 19:51 15 Nov 2005

Look for a reference to eg_auth_1045.dll on the Startup tab in msconfig and if you find one, untick it.

MIKE. 19:53 15 Nov 2005

Thanks VOG for your help greatly appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?