RUNDLL Error

[email protected]@nd 15:18 28 May 2008

Hi, after booting my PC I'm getting 2 error messages;

'Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ghpaqgkk.dll'
The specified module could not be found.
'Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\nupbnefk.dll'
The specified module could not be found.

I've tried using Registry Easy, scanning my machine with NIS 2008, I'm lost, can anybody out there help, cheers.

OS - Windows XP SP2

rossgolf 16:28 28 May 2008

can you still get into windows to the desktop?
if so. go to start>run>type "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and that should fix it

[email protected]@nd 11:03 29 May 2008

I tried "sfc /scannow" (without quotes), it scanned then nothing seemed to happen after that, I left it for awhile then rebooted, still getting the same error messages.

chub_tor 11:12 29 May 2008

These two .dll files don't relate to the base Windows installation so won't be found by scannow they come from some other software not found by Google.

Does the error message come up on startup? If so you might look in your startup folder and also run msconfig and click on the startup tab. If they are recognised there you can untick them and reboot.

[email protected]@nd 12:21 29 May 2008

Hi, ran msconfig, found them under the Startup tab, unticked them and rebooted.
I didn't get any rundll error messages but I did get a message about the System Configuration Utility.
"You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way Windows starts.
The Sys Config Utility is currently in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode, causing this message to be displayed and the utility to run every time Windows starts.
Choose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab to start Windows normally and undo the changes you made using the Sys Config Utility."
Whats the next step, if any?
Do you happen to know what these dll's do anyway?
Thanks chub_tor.

chub_tor 13:37 29 May 2008

Did you get a box that says "Don't show this message at Startup? If so tick that.

No, I don't know what those dlls do but you should get a clue by looking at the Manufacturer, Command and Location alongside the boxes you unticked. This should tell you what software they relate to and you can decide if it is still on your PC and whether or not you use it or want to uninstall it.

[email protected]@nd 07:38 30 May 2008

Thanks fellas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?