Run time Error R6025

Teasle 09:37 21 Jul 2006

When I try to watch a video on the AOL site, I get this run time error message:

C\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
R6025
-PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL

I press 'ok' but the pc just freezes so I have to ctr alt del to re-boot.

I have searched google and this error sems to have something to do with a bug in a program...way too complicated for me to fix..I think.
Anybody have any ideas if there is anythng I can do.

I am using w98SE.

Giggle n' Bits 09:48 21 Jul 2006

updates. Its possibly related to a module of MS Office like Powerpoint. Problem is Windows 98Se is dated and windows updates for win98Se will be cut off this month if microsoft haven't done so already.

Giggle n' Bits 23:35 21 Jul 2006

nice to know what the result was.

Teasle 09:04 22 Jul 2006

I have installed all of windows updates but that didn't make any difference...I still got the run time error message.

I haven't re-installed powerpoint as yet. I will try and do that today and will let you know the outcome.

Teasle 17:01 02 Aug 2006

I have now re-installed Powerpoint but it hasn't made any difference. I am still getting the same error message.

But I think my problem is much wider than just this AOL video. I now have problems watching many videos through the windows media players on web pages. At first when the page loads, I get to see the player as normal but then the player's controls 'jump' to the top of the player and nothing happens :(.

Maybe it is because of W98SE?

Giggle n' Bits 00:03 03 Aug 2006

do you know if you have directX v9c installed ?
I didn't know that you can play AOL online Video's using Windows Media player as they issue Real Player for this.

Teasle 08:56 03 Aug 2006

Thank you but I already have directX v9c on my pc.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I wasn't playing the AOL video through an wm player but through whatever player was on the AOL web page (never got far enough to see player).
The wm player not working for me is another issue, I've since discovered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?